Sans Digital AccuRAID AR316I - 3U 16 Bay 4xGbE iSCSI to SAS/SATA RAID 6 Upgradable to Redundant Controller
The AccuRAID AR316I is a 3U 16-bay quad channel (4x GbE) iSCSI to SAS/SATA RAID subsystem with redundant controller upgradeable option. With built-in 4x 1Gb Ethernet ports supporting independent access, fail-over or load-balancing (802.3ad port trunking, LACP), AR316I is capable of composing a high performance SAN environment with a fraction of the cost of Fibre Channel RAID storage systems. Built-in redundant controller ready backplane allows non-destructive redundancy controller upgrade path without purchasing a brand new hardware. Supporting RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 and JBOD, with global or dedicated hot spare disks, multiple hard drive failure could be protected without downtime or data loss.
The built-in powerful 64-bit RAID processor provides high performance through-put. The built-in Snapshot feature provides point-in-time copy of saved data without relying on the host software. Management is available via Web and Secure Web (HTTPS), SSH telnet or serial console, with built-in event notification via e-mail or SNMP trap. Redundant power supplies, cooling fans and controllers are part of the modularized design to allow redundancy as well as off-self spare parts to eliminate downtime. To increase the return of investment, AR316I supports both SAS and SATA drives, and could be expanded by adding up to 3 additional SAS/SATA JBOD units, providing solutions up to 64-bays or 196TB in total storage capacity. Intended to provide storage solution for IT and vitalization server computing with VMware vSphere or, Microsoft Hyper-V or Citrix with SCSI-3 persistent target support, the AR316I is a perfect solution for Storage Area Network needs in IT and other applications.
Visit AccuRAID AR316I and AR316IR Features and Performance Comparison for more details.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please refer to the list below:
- Seagate 500GB (ST3500514NS)
- Seagate 750GB (ST3750330NS)
- Seagate 1TB (ST31000524NS)
- Seagate 2TB (ST32000644NS)
- Western Digital 500GB (WD5002ABYS)
- Western Digital 1TB (WD1002FBYS)
- Western Digital 2TB (WD2003FYYS)
- Hitachi 500GB (0F11000)
- Hitachi 1TB (0A39289)
- Hitachi 2TB (0F10452)
- Hitachi 3TB (0F12456)
- Intel IOP 342 64-bit processor with 2GB on-board ECC cache memory (upgradeable to 4GB).
- Single controller with redundant controller upgrade option.
- Up to 900MB/s and 200K IOPS with dual redundant contoller.
- SAS / SATA II RAID 60 ASIC engine, providing the highest level of data protection.
- Supports Quad Channel, or 4 * Gigabit Ethernet, supports 802.3ad port trunking, LACP.
- Support SCSI-3 Persistent Target for Windows Server clustering.
- Support VMware Sphere, ESX/ESXi 4.0, Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix
- Supports SAS or SATA Hard drives.
- Redundant and hot-swappable power supply and cooling fans.
- O/S-Independent and host transparent RAID solution.
- Supports JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with global and dedicated hot spare and multiple volumes.
- RAID 6 tolerates multiple drive failures without downtime or data loss, providing the most advanced level of data protection.
- Supports online array migration and online capacity expansion.
- Hot swappable drives that support hot spare and automatic hot rebuilding with automatic drive insertion/ removal detection.
- Built-in Snapshot and Windows Volume Shadow Copy Support (VSS).
- Embedded enclosure management through WEB GUI, LCD control panel, and online RAID management via serial port.
- Intuitive, yet comprehensive GUI for configuration and monitoring from remote and local locations.
- Built-in event notifcation via e-mail and SNMP trap.
- iSNS and DHCP supported
|Model || AR316I |
| Form Factor || 3U Rackmount |
| HDD Trays || 16 Hot-Swappable 3.5" |
| Reduntant Controller || Single Controller, Redundant Controller Upgradeable |
(Redundant Controller Modules Upgrade Part # MB-SAN-AR316ICR)
| RAID Level || 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60, JBOD |
| Maximum Capacity || 48TB |
| Auto Rebuilding || Yes |
| Hot-Spare || Global or Dedicated Hot Spare Disk |
| Host Interface & Transfer Rate || Gigabit Ethernet 1Gb * 4, support 802.11ad (Up to 600MB/s) |
LACP and Jumbo Frame supported
| Drive Interface || SAS / SATA II |
| Cooling Fan || 4 Hot-Swappable Modules and Blowers |
| Power Supply || 500W X 2 Redundant power supplies w/ PFC |
| Control Interface || LCD Panel, RS232, RJ-45 Ethernet |
| Status Indicators || HDD, Fail, and Overheat |
| Multi-Path IO || Yes |
| Snapshot || Yes (up to 32), Built-in Snapshot wthout reply on host software |
| Max. Host Connections || 32 |
| Max. Host Clustering || 16 multiple host clustered for one logical volume |
| Max. Session || 128 |
| Battery Backup || Optional |
| Dimension (in) || 19"W x 20.5"D x 5.5"H |
| Weight (lb) || 44lb |
| Safety Regulations || CE, FCC, UL, RoHS |
| Limited Warranty || 3 Years |
| Package Contents || Rail Bracket(1 Set) |
Power Cords (2)
Serial Cable (1)
Ethernet Cable (1)
Hard Drive Mounting Screws and trays
CD and User Guide (1)
| Model || AR316I || AR316I16E || AR316I32E || AR316I48E |
| Hard Drive || No HDD |
| 1TB RAID |
SATA II * 16
| 2TB RAID |
SATA II * 16
| 3TB RAID |
SATA II * 16
| Total Storage Size || N/A || 16TB || 32TB || 48TB |
| Model ||AR316I8S || AR316I16S || AR316I32S || AR316I48S |
| Hard Drive ||500GB SAS HD * 16 ||1TB SAS HD * 16 || 2TB SAS HD * 16 || 3TB SAS HD * 16 |
| Total Storage Size ||8TB || 16TB || 32TB || 48TB |