Sans Digital AccuRAID AR424IR 4U 24 Bay 8xGbE iSCSI to SAS SATA RAID 6 Redundant Controller Storage
Sans Digital AccuRAID AR424IR - 4U 24 Bay 8xGbE iSCSI to SAS/SATA RAID 6 Redundant Controller Storage
The AccuRAID AR424IR is a 4U 24-bay active-active redundant controllers iSCSI to SAS/SATA RAID subsystem. With active-active redundant controllers, along with the redundant powers and cooling fans, AccrRAID AR424IR provides a peace of mind by providing high availability and performance. With built-in 8x 1Gb Ethernet ports supporting independent access, fail-over or load-balancing (802.3ad port trunking, LACP), AR424IR is capable of composing a high performance SAN environment with a fraction of the cost of Fibre Channel RAID storage systems. Supporting RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 and JBOD, with global or dedicated hot spare disks, multiple hard drive failure could be protected without downtime or data loss. The built-in powerful 64-bit RAID processor provides high performance through-put.
The built-in Snapshot feature provides point-in-time copy of saved data without relying on the host software. Management is available via Web and Secure Web (HTTPS), SSH telnet or serial console, with built-in event notification via e-mail or SNMP trap. Redundant power supplies, cooling fans and controllers are part of the modularized design to allow redundancy as well as off-self spare parts to eliminate downtime. To increase the return of investment, AR424IR supports both SAS and SATA drives, and could be expanded by adding up to 3 additional SAS/SATA JBOD units (Total storage 96 bay or 288TB). Intended to provide storage solution for IT and vitalization server computing with VMware vSphere or, Microsoft Hyper-V or Citrix with SCSI-3 persistent target support, the AR424IR is a perfect solution for Storage Area Network needs in IT and other applications.
Visit AccuRAID AR424I and AR424IR Features and Performance Comparison for more details.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please refer to the list below:
- Seagate 500GB (ST3500514NS)
- Seagate 750GB (ST3750330NS)
- Seagate 1TB (ST31000524NS)
- Seagate 2TB (ST32000644NS)
- Western Digital 500GB (WD5002ABYS)
- Western Digital 1TB (WD1002FBYS)
- Western Digital 2TB (WD2003FYYS)
- Hitachi 500GB (0F11000)
- Hitachi 1TB (0A39289)
- Hitachi 2TB (0F10452)
- Hitachi 3TB (0F12456)
- Intel IOP 342 64-bit processor with 2GB on-board ECC cache memory (upgradeable to 4GB).
- Active-active dual redundant controller.
- Up to 900MB/s and 200K IOPS with dual redundant controller.
- SAS / SATA II RAID 60 ASIC engine, providing the highest level of data protection.
- Quad Channel * 2, or 8 * Gigabit Ethernet, supports 802.3ad port trunking, LACP support.
- Support SCSI-3 Persistent Target for Windows Server Clustering.
- Support VMware Sphere, ESX/ESXi 4.0, Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix.
- Supports SAS or SATA hard drives.
- Redundant and hot-swappable power supply and cooling fans.
- O/S-Independent and host transparent RAID solution.
- Supports JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with global and dedicated hot spare and multiple volumes.
- RAID 6 tolerates multiple drive failures without downtime or data loss, providing the most advanced level of data protection.
- Supports online array migration and online capacity expansion.
- Hot swappable drives that support hot spare and automatic hot rebuilding with automatic drive insertion/ removal detection.
- Built-in Snapshot and Windows Volume Shadow Copy Support (VSS).
- Embedded enclosure management through WEB GUI, LCD control panel, and online RAID management via serial port.
- Intuitive, yet comprehensive GUI for configuration and monitoring from remote and local locations.
- Built-in event notification via e-mail and SNMP trap.
- iSNS and DHCP supported.
|Form Factor||4U Rackmount|
|HDD Trays||24 Hot-Swappable 3.5"|
|Reduntant Controller||Active - Active Redundant|
|RAID Level||0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60, JBOD|
|Hot-Spare||Global or Dedicated Hot Spare Disk|
|Host Interface & Transfer Rate|| Gigabit Ethernet 1Gb * 8, |
802.11ad, LACP and Jumbo Frame
|Drive Interface||SAS / SATA II (Additional Mux Board Required)|
|Cooling Fan||4 Hot-Swappable Modules and Blowers|
|Power Supply||500W X 3 Redundant power supplies w/ PFC|
|Control Interface||LCD Panel, RS232, RJ-45 Ethernet|
|Status Indicators||HDD, Fail, and Overheat|
|Snapshot|| Yes (up to 32) |
Built-in Snapshot without the need for additional software
|Max. Host Connections||32|
|Max. Host Clustering||16 multiple host clustered for one logical volume|
|Dimension (in)||19"W x 20"D x 7"H|
|Safety Regulations||CE, FCC, UL, RoHS|
|Limited Warranty||3 Years|
|Package Contents|| Rail Bracket(1 Set) |
Power Cords (2)
Serial Cable (1)
Ethernet Cable (1)
Hard Drive Mounting Screws and trays
CD and User Guide (1)
|Hard Drive||No HDD Bundle||500GB SAS HD * 24||1TB SAS HD * 24||2TB SAS HD * 24||3TB SAS HD * 24|
|Total Storage Size||N/A||12TB||24TB||48TB||72TB|