Sans Digital AccuSTOR AS424X6R 24-Bay 6G SATA / 6G SAS to 6G SAS JBOD Redundant Controller Rackmount
Sans Digital AccuSTOR AS424X6R - 4U 24 Bay 6G SATA / 6G SAS to 6G SAS JBOD Redundant Controller Rackmount
OverviewThe AccuSTOR AS424X6R series is a high density 4U rackmount designed for storage hungry applications, and accommodates up to 72TB of storage space. Supporting latest SAS 6G technology, AS424X6R provide 6G solution for 6G SAS or 6G SATA drives. By utilizing the latest SAS expander technology, the AS424X6R supports up to 24 SAS or SATA drives using only one mini-SAS cable (SATA drives requires optional MUX board). A built-in SAS expansion port enables the system to connect up to 5 units or 120 HDD drives daisy-chained together, up to 360TB. With a high performance RAID controller card, the AS424X6R is capable of delivering over 1700MB/s in read and 1500MB/s write performance, doubling the existing 3G SAS expander bandwidth. System status information is provided by the LED, including hard drives, power supply and cooling fan status. All necessary hardware comes standard including mini-SAS cable and hard drives tray modules. Build-in with single controller with dual 6G SAS channel, and can upgrade to redundant controller in the future. The AS424X6R is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations. Supported in Windows, MAC and Linux, including various file system such as ZFS.
AS424X6R functions as expansion unit of AR424X6R and AR424F8R. With AR424X6R and AR424F8R as a RAID head unit and connect up to 4 units of AS424X6R, it will provide up to 120 bays, or 360TB of storage for 6G SAS and Fibre Channel 8Gbps hardware RAID storage.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please refer to the list below:
- Seagate 500GB (ST3500514NS)
- Seagate 750GB (ST3750330NS)
- Seagate 1TB (ST31000524NS)
- Seagate 2TB (ST32000644NS)
- Western Digital 500GB (WD5002ABYS)
- Western Digital 1TB (WD1002FBYS)
- Western Digital 2TB (WD2003FYYS)
- Hitachi 500GB (0F11000)
- Hitachi 1TB (0A39289)
- Hitachi 2TB (0F10452)
- Hitachi 3TB (0F12456)
- 6G SAS Expander Technology - Connect 24 SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8088 to 8088 Mini-.SAS cable to HBA (Host Bus Adapter) or RAID controllers. (SATA drives require MUX controller when use in dual controller mode.)
- Support 2.5" and 3.5" SATA/SAS/SSD - 24 of 3.5" hard drives tray supporting 3.5" hard drives, along with 2.5" form factor screw holes. (SATA drives requires optional MUX board)
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 6G or SAS 6G hard drives and 24Gbps bandwidth, performance can reach over 1700MB/s in read and 1500MB/s in write (tested with LSI, ATTO and Areca Controllers).
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Support Industry Standard SGPIO - Serial General Purpose Input/Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the mini-SAS connection cable to the HBA (host Bus Adapter) without additional serial cable.
- Scalability - Supports up to 5 enclosures or up to 120 hard drives daisy-chained together for capacity expansion.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases. (SATA drives requires optional MUX board)
- Standard Redundant Power Supply - Hot-swappable, redundant power is included for protection against power failure. Power supply status can be easily monitored by the status LED and audible alarm alert.
- All hardware is included - Mini-SAS cable, cooling fan, and tray modules are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
- Dual IO /dual controller for fully redundancy - System come with redundant controller, cooling fan and power supply, complete redundant subsystems.
- Wide Range RAID Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca, LSI SAS MegaRAID, Intel SAS RAID, Adaptec SAS RAID, and 3Ware SAS RAID adapters.
- Work as expansion for existing hardware RAID storage - Supports expansion from AccuRAID subsystems, such as AR424X6R and AR424F8R.
|Form Factor||4U Rackmount|
|HDD Trays||24 Hot-Swappable 3.5" (2.5" hard drive via tray screw holes)|
|RAID Level||JBOD (RAID is supported by additional RAID card)|
|Maximum Capacity||72TB (expandable to 5 unit or 360TB)|
|Auto Rebuilding||Via additional RAID card|
|RAID Controller Supported|| Areca ARC-1680X series, ARC-1880X series, ARC-1882X series |
LSI SAS MegaRAID
Dell Perc SAS RAID
Intel SAS RAID
ATTO SAS RAID
|AccuRAID Series Expansion Support|| Expansion from AccuRAID series AR212X6R, AR212F8R, AR424X6R, |
AR424F8R, AR424X6R and AR424F8R (up to 120 drives)
|Host Interface & Transfer Rate||Quad Channel SAS 6G|
|Drive Interface||SAS or SATA (SATA drives require MUX controller when use in dual controller mode)|
|Cooling Fan||2 x Blower Fans|
|Power Supply||500W x 3 Redundant Power Supply Modules|
|Control Interface||RS232, RJ-45 Ethernet|
|Dimension (in)||19"W x 21"D x 7.5"H|
|Weight (lb)||80 (w/o hard drives)|
|Limited Warranty||3 Years|
|Hard Drive|| No HDD |
|500GB SAS * 24||1TB SAS * 24||2TB SAS * 24||3TB SAS * 24|
|Total Storage Size||N/A||12TB||24TB||48TB||72TB|
|Hard Drive|| 300GB SAS |
15K RPM * 24
| 600GB SAS |
15K RPM * 24
|Total Storage Size||7.2TB||14.4TB|