IT Mode LSI SAS 9211-8i 6Gb/s SAS SATA RAID HBA Adapter PCI-E 8 Port
LSI SAS9211-8i 6Gb/s SAS SATA RAID HBA Adapter PCI-E 8 Port. IT Mode.
Note: Currently it is in IT Mode (Non-RAID). It can easily be flashed to IR (Integrated RAID) mode if you wish.
The LSI SAS 9211-8i host bus adapter provides the greatest available throughput to internal server storage arrays through eight internal 6Gb/s ports, driving up to 256 SAS and SATA physical devices. This HBA offers dynamic SAS functionality including dual-port drive redundancy and SATA compatibility. Utilizing two internal x4 SFF8087 Mini-SAS connectors, the low-profile SAS 9211-8i is an excellent fit for 1U and 2U servers.
The SAS 9211-8i utilizes the embedded CPU in the LSI SAS2008 controller to perform integrated RAID 0, 1, 1E and 10 operations for reliable data protection with high-availability. The result is an ultra-thin, low-overhead device driver communicating over the x8 PCI Express 2.0 host interface. By reducing RAID code overhead, this HBA delivers high-speed READ/WRITE performance, making it well suited for medium to high-capacity internal storage applications.
- 6Gb/s data transfer rate per port
- Two x4 internal SFF8087 Mini-SAS connectors
- x8 5GT/s PCI Express 2.0 host interface
- MD2 low-profile form-factor design
- Maximum power usage of 9W
- Integrated RAID 0, 1, 1E, and 10
- Connects to SAS and SATA HDDs, SSDs, and tape drives
- Support for up to 256 physical devices
- Fusion-MPT architecture can achieve more than 290,000 I/Os per second
- Consistency Check
- Hot Spare Support
- SMART error detection
- PowerPC 440 @533MHz
- Supports all major operating systems
- RoHS compliant
- Flexible SATA+SAS array architecture optimizes cost
- 8 internal high-speed SAS ports for maximum storage connectivity
- 6Gb/s per port delivers 4800 MB/s full duplex
- SATA+SAS interconnect proven through the LSI robust serial technology
- Environmentally friendly due to low-power consumption
- Integrated RAID avoids additional host CPU overhead