Seagate ST3300657SS Cheetah 15K.7 6Gb/s 16MB 300GB 3.5-inch SAS 15k Hard Drive
Seagate ST3300657SS Cheetah 15K.7 SAS 6-Gb/s 300-GB Hard Drive
Cheetah 15K.7 Overview
The higher performance and capacity of Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 drives reduce storage costs per GB and increase capacity per watt. The drive has the industry?s highest reliability rating, reducing drive replacement costs. The Cheetah 15K.7 drive includes Seagate PowerTrim? technology, which dynamically optimizes drive power consumption at all levels of activity.
Key Features and Benefits
- Highest-performance 3.5-inch Tier 1 drive
- Highest-capacity Tier 1 drive (600 GB)
- Highest reliability rating in the industry
- Seagate PowerTrim technology dynamically reduces power usage.
- Supports 6-Gb/s SAS 2.0 and 4-Gb/s FC
Additional information about the Cheetah 15K.7 is available on the Product Overview below.
The Seagate? Cheetah? 15K.7 is the highest performing, highest capacity 3.5-inch mission critical hard drive with best-in-class reliability for Tier 1 storage environments. This industry-leading enterprise drive reduces storage costs per GB while increasing capacity per watt. Drive power consumption is dynamically optimized at all levels of activity with Seagate?s exclusive PowerTrim technology.
- Third-generation perpendicular recording for maximum capacity.
- Unprecedented performance with a 16 percent increase in sustained data rate over the last generation, up to 171 MB/sec.
- Industry?s highest 3.5-inch drive reliability at 1.6-million-hours MTBF.
- Seagate proprietary PowerTrim technology provides up to 21 percent improvement over the last generation in watts/GB at idle.
- Advanced read/write technology delivers unrecoverable error rate of 1x10E16 and AFR of 0.55 percent
- Available in 4Gb/s FC or 6Gb/s SAS interfaces
All mainstream enterprise applications, such as:
- Business processing
- Transaction processing
- Decision support
- Storage area networks
- Networked attached storage
- Internet and e-commerce
Cheetah 15K.7 SAS 6-Gb/s 300-GB Hard Drive
|Interface||SAS 2.0 6.0Gb/s|
|Areal density (avg)||225 Gbits/inch2|
|Height (max)||26.10 mm (1.028 inches)|
|Width (max)||101.85 mm (4.010 inches)|
|Length (max)||146.99 mm (5.787 inches)|
|Weight (typical)||800 grams (1.76 pounds)|
|Spindle Speed||15,000 rpm|
|Average latency||2.0 msec|
|Random read seek time||3.4 msec|
|Random write seek time||3.9 msec|
|Annual Failure Rate||0.55%|
|Maximum start current, AC||3.98 amps|
|Maximum start current, DC||1.92 amps|
- Cheetah 15K.7 Product Overview
- Cheetah 15K.7 Data Sheet
- Storage Strategies for Server Virtualization
- Enterprise-Optimized 6Gb/s SAS Rivals Fibre Channel Performance and Scalability at Lower Cost
- SAS System Builder Resource Guide: System builders info on the SCSI to SAS transition (258K, PDF)
- VAR Delivers Competitive Advantage With Intel, Adaptec, and Seagate (454K, PDF)
- Cheetah 15K.7 SAS Product Manual
We Also Recommend
Dell Seagate ST9300605SS Savvio 10K.5 SAS 6 Gbps 300GB 2.5-inch 10K SAS Hard Drive
Seagate 1200.2 SAS 1600 GB 2.5-inches SAS 12Gb/s 2.5inches SFF Solid state drive(ST1600FM0003)
Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST1000NM0023 1TB 7200RPM 128MB Cache 6Gb/s 3.5-inch SAS Hard Drive
Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST2000NM0023 2TB 7200RPM 128MB Cache SAS 6Gb/s 3.5inch Enterprise Drive