Broadcom LSI MegaRAID SAS 9285-8e 8-Port External 6Gb/s Duo Core SAS RAID Controller
The MegaRAID? SAS 9285-8e, with eight external ports, delivers two 800MHz PowerPC processor cores and a 72-bit DDRIII interface that drives 1GB cache memory. This controller is ideal for configuring external storage enclosures with high-performance SAS hard drives, high-capacity SATA hard drives or application-accelerating solid state drives (SSDs) or for building more sophisticated configurations using LSI 6Gb/s SAS switch products. Users can deploy the MegaRAID SAS 9285-8e in existing HDD-based server environments to help achieve significant performance gains. Alternatively, for users implementing server platforms based on solid state storage, these next-generation MegaRAID controllers can help exploit the potential of SSDs for unsurpassed performance and enterprise-class reliability.
- Eight external SATA+SAS ports
- Two mini-SAS SFF-8088 x4 connectors
- 6Gb/s throughput per port
- LSISAS2208 Dual Core ROC
- 800MHz PowerPC?
- MD2 Low profile (6.6" X 2.536")
- x8 PCI Express 2.0 host interface
- 1GB DDRIII cache (1333MHz)
- Optional battery backup unit (LSIiBBU09 remote mount)
- Connect up to 240 SATA and/or SAS devices
- RAID levels 0, 1, 5 and 6
- RAID spans 10, 50 and 60
- Auto-resume on rebuild
- Auto-resume on reconstruction
- Online Capacity Expansion (OCE)
- Online RAID Level Migration (RLM)
- SSD support with SSD Guard?
- Global and dedicated hot spare with revertible hot spare support
- Automatic rebuild
- Enclosure affinity
- Emergency SATA hot spare for SAS arrays
- Single controller multipathing (failover)
- I/O load balancing
- Comprehensive RAID management suite
- Second generation 6Gb/s SATA+SAS with unprecedented levels of performance
- Ideal for external storage environments using up to 240 SAS, SATA and solid state drives (SSDs)
- Unsurpassed IOPs performance and advanced software options help users realize full benefits of SSD deployments
- Meets high I/O transaction demands of database and datacenter applications
- Provides the sustained data transfer rates and high sequential bandwidth to meet processing requirements of digital media, video and imaging environments
|Solution Provided||Eight-port external SATA+SAS solution for performance-hungry external storage environments using up to 240 SAS, SATA and solid state drives (SSDs)|
|Physical Dimensions||MD2 Low profile (6.6" X 2.536")|
|Internal Connectors||Two Mini-SAS SFF8088 external connectors|
|Device Support||Up to 240 SAS and/or SATA hard drives and SSDs|
|Host Bus Type||x8 lane PCI Express 2.0 compliant|
|Data Transfer Rates||Up to 6Gb/s per port|
|I/O Processor/SAS Controller||LSISAS2208 Dual-Core RAID on Chip (ROC)|
|Cache Memory||1 GB 1333MHz DDRIII SDRAM|
|Battery Backup Unit||LSIiBBU09, a heat-tolerant intelligent battery back-up module; remote mount|
|Key RAID Data Protection Features||
|Operating Temperature||Maximum ambient: 60?C (55?C w/LSIiBBU09)|
|MTBF (Calculated)||808,712 hours|
|Regulatory Certifications||EN55022, EN55024, EN60950, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3; FCC Class A, Class B; UL1950; UL; CSA C22.2; VCCI; RRL for MIC; BSMI; C-tick|
|RAID Management||MegaRAID Management Suite
|Optional SSD Optimization ||MegaRAID CacheCade Software provides 50x boost in READs from SSD Cache
MegaRAID FastPath Software delivers up to 300,000 IOPS performance on SSD arrays
MegaRAID SAS 9285-8e
|OS Support||Extensive support includes Microsoft? Windows? Vista/2008/Server 2003/2000/XP, Linux?, Solaris? (x86), Netware?, FreeBSD?, VMware? and more.
* Visit the LSI Download Center for the most complete list of supported operating systems: lsi.com/channel/support
We Also Recommend
LSI Megaraid 9286-8e 8-Port External PCIe 3.0 6Gb/s SATA+SAS RAID Controller. Card Only.
LSI Megaraid 9271-4i 4-Port PCIe 3.0 6Gb/s SATA+SAS RAID Controller. Card Only.
LSI MegaRAID SAS 9266-8i 8-Port PCI-Express SAS SATA RAID Controller. Card Only.
LSI MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i 8-Port Internal Duo Core 6Gb/s SAS RAID Controller. Card only.